From baking your own cake to using family rings instead of costly new ones, these amazing money-saving tips are perfect for bride and grooms planning their special day! With a bit a creativity and help from friends and family members, your wedding can be beautiful and affordable!
1. Buy a second-hand vintage dress online for a unique style. You wouldn’t believe the incredible value you can find out there if you do a little digging.
2. Book the venue on a week-day or out of high season. But don’t get too crazy! Most people want a weekend wedding in the high season, but if you’re willing to make a little compromise you can score a great deal.
3. Provide the alcohol if the venue allows it. Alcohol can be really costly at your wedding, so if you’re able to bring your own you can save a little that way.
4. Email or text the invite. We know this isn’t traditional, but times are changing. If you can send out an e-vite you’re saving yourself a TON of money.
5. Bake your own cake. Most people won’t go this route unless they have the skills to do it, but it can be a major difference in your bill.
6. Use the same flowers at the ceremony and the venue. Your floral decorations and bouquet suck up a lot of your budget. Save a little by using the same flowers.
7. Pick a venue that you can use for both the ceremony and the after-party. This is a great idea! At Imperial Event Venue we love it when guests host their ceremony here!
8. If you know a friend who is handy with a camera, ask them to take the snaps. This is definitely a huge money saver if you’re less worried about having professional photos.
9. Use family rings and suits. You wouldn’t believe the time, money, and energy you can save by using your dad’s suit.
10. An unusual venue may be more interesting whilst saving money. Try to think out of the box if you’re looking to save on your venue.
11. Sit-down meals are costly. Instead, try a hog roast, a BBQ, or a picnic.
12. Make you own decorations. This will require a lot of time and energy but can save you some money in the long run.
13. Apply your own makeup using bridal magazine as a guide. You apply your makeup almost any other day, why not at your wedding, too?
14. Utilize your friends’ skills for entertainment on the big day. A DJ is great but costly. A laptop and music list can provide almost the same entertainment.
15. If your friends or family has a quirky car, borrow it for the occasion. If you’re ok with not getting a fancy limo, this is an excellent option.